It was dedicated in 1907 by Bishop Chiavvas. It was a seaman’s mission and brought by barge on the canal. The mission was then carried across the fields to the land, which was given by Lord and Lady Scarisbrick where it stands today in the parish of Scarisbrick.
This was to be a ‘church plant’ or mission church for our mother church of St. Mark (on Southport Road, Scarisbrick).
It’s a small, intimate church known for its friendly and relaxed fellowship. A variety of worship styles are used but mainly modern common worship services. There is no doubt that a warm welcome awaits any visitors!!
Sunday services are normally held at 9.30 a.m.
Changes are sometimes made to the regular pattern of services so do check out the Calendar by clicking on “News” above.
For more information about The Good Shepherd Mission contact Mary
T 01704 840538