The Lighthouse @ St Mark’s Church, Scarisbrick.
The Lighthouse is an exciting project which will provide additional facilities to the Scarisbrick community around St Marks.
It will provide features lacking in the present building including:
- A level, disabled-friendly access route into church to help wheelchair-users, the elderly, parents with buggies, funeral processions, etc.
- A modern WC, with baby-changing facilities, that is accessible to all.
- A kitchen for the preparation of hot drinks and snacks.
- A meeting area to accommodate twenty people. This would allow fellowship after services and could also accommodate small meetings, groups, PCC meetings, etc.
- Space for buggies and wheelchairs.
This new build will join onto the existing church building and will have direct access from it. It also will provide a welcoming entrance which is child and disabled friendly. The annexe can be used independently of the church building. It is expected that this will enable new church and community activities to take place which the existing building does not adequately cater for.
The project will cost over £200,000 and it is hoped to start ground works in 2020.
Since the summer of 2018 we have been fundraising for this much needed project.
We already have significant assets of our own and have been awarded a number of grants to help close the funding gap. These include grants from the following organisations:
Duchy of Lancaster Benevolent Fund
West Lancs Borough Council Community Chest
The Lancashire Environmental Fund Grant.
The Beatrice Laing Trust.
Tesco Bags of Help Scheme.
The Charles and Edna Broadhurst Charitable Trust.
Robert & Evelyn Maud Hall CT.
William Openshaw Trust.
All Churches Trust .
Garfield Weston Foundation.
The Rainford Trust.
The Irving Memorial Trust.
A BIG THANK YOU to all our funders for their generous awards.
We have also raised over £15,000 from members of our church giving and from a variety of fund raising events.
These began in summer 2018 with a concert ….
…. and continued with other events such as an abseil down Liverpool Cathedral ….
…. and an Afternoon Tea on 15th February 2020.
We are very grateful for everyone’s efforts and generosity.
Please get in touch if you would like to make a donation: –
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01704 889355