Thinking about a Church wedding? Congratulations!
Here is a list of FAQ’s which may be useful, but do contact the Vicar, Eileen at email@example.com who will be happy to meet you in person to discuss your plans even at an early stage.
Can I get married at St Mark’s?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions then yes you can get married at St Mark’s
- I live in the parish or my fiancé lives in the parish
- I worship regularly at St Mark’s and am on the electoral roll, or this applies to my fiancé
- I or my fiancé have evidence of a ‘qualifying connection’ with St Mark’s
What is a ‘qualifying connection’?
- I was baptised in the parish (by a Church of England service/form of Baptism)
- I have been confirmed (by a Church of England service) and my confirmation is entered in a register belonging to St Mark’s
- My parent or grandparent was married in the parish by a Church of England service
- I have had my usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- My parent has had his/her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- I have habitually attended public worship at St Mark’s for at least 6 months
- My parent has habitually attended public worship at St Mark’s for at least 6 months during my lifetime
What if one of us has been married before and the former partner is still living?
There are circumstances in which you would be able to be married at St Mark’s –
How do we book a date?
It is best to discuss your preferred date with the vicar before you confirm your reception arrangements.
After the wedding is booked what happens next?
The Vicar will arrange to meet with you on at least two occasions prior to the wedding for Marriage Preparation. This includes looking in detail at the Service and what you would like in the way of music, flowers, etc. Arrangements would also be made for your Banns to be read. Then a date is fixed for a rehearsal for yourselves, and those who will be assisting with the Marriage Ceremony (eg. Best Man, Bridesmaids etc).
We look forward to welcoming you to St Marks –
For costs and further details contact Michelle Pugh
T 01704 565 888
To find out more about weddings visit the Church of England, Your Church Wedding.